Thursday, April 8, 2021

COVID-19's interview with Lillian (unedited)

image of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) COVID-19: Do you like me?           

Lillian: No. No way. You ruined so many experiences for me, ones that were planned for me, my family, and my friends. I had so many plans for this year, and now  I won’t get to do the things I had planned to do. We where planning a trip to the D.R., a vacation to Disney World with our close friend, me and my sister were going to stay at our grandparents house in Pennsylvania, as well as camp calumet. We were going to do so much stuff like that, but also small things, like going to a nice restaurant for New Year, or celebrating our 9th and 10th birthday with our friends. Other than our family plans you’ve ruined, you’ve killed and hurt so many people in the world, many families that didn’t deserve it, and lots of doctors who’ve risked their lives for other people in need. Thank you for keeping us safe doctors!


COVID-19: Have you met me?         

Lillian: No, not directly. I’ve worked the hardest I probably ever have or will on keeping myself, my family, ( Especially my Dad who is high risk) and other people that are near me safe. I have not participated in any parties, had a couple safe playdates with under 3 friends with masks on and social distancing, and have masked up in the 4 times I’ve gone to any stores. So no, except  for right now, with you interviewing me. 


COVID-19: How did I change your life?          

I feel like I got a lot closer to my family during quarantine. I got to watch Xander grow up much more, because I didn’t have to go off to school, or dance for a while. I really got to be closer to everyone too. But, this also gave Trump a chance to get a whole bunch of people killed by encouraging people to not follow the rules to keep us safe from Covid. 


And, I have been getting less and less close to the friends I use to be close too. I don’t get to talk to them that much, but it is exciting when every now and then I get to see one of them. This might seem a little sad, which it is. I really want to talk with everyone, but they are never online on Messenger kids. ( A safe text app for kids) Whenever I try to talk with them, they never answer. Sometimes I have news to share with them, sometimes they are online. So I text them, but they don’t answer, which sometimes makes someone turn them against me, or they don’t care that much. It’s sad because I spend time thinking about my friends.


COVID-19: What have you learned about viruses? Hehehehe…          

Lillian: I  have learned how they can affect different ages differently, and what happens when they start. And how they can affect you afterwards. I heard a news story about a woman who got COVID and had some lung problems. There were also a couple people that had a heart problem, loss of smell, nerve damage and “brain fog”.


COVID-19: How will I change your life after I’m gone?         

Lillian: I will be soooo happy to go out to IHOP! I am going to be less greedy about going on vacations, and just going places. A simple trip to SkyZone will be like going to Brazil. 


COVID-19: Have  I done anything good for you?            

Lillian: Well, I guess I’ll have to admit it. Yes. OK?! There, I said  it. Happy!? I’m guessing not. Humph. We probably wouldn’t have started homeschooling, or gotten an iPad. I LOVE HOMESCHOOLING. AND THE IPAD. So, there! OK???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tackling the finer points of biographies

For the past week, we've been working on biographies. I'm posting Lillian's and Blair's, unedited, so you can see what a goo...